North Carolina woman smoking while hooked up to oxygen killed when tank explodes

A 61-year-old North Carolina woman was killed when she smoked while hooked up to an oxygen tank, according to a report.

Belinda Coble was smoking a cigarette around 8 a.m. Tuesday as oxygen was being administered at her home in Zebulon, 20 miles northeast of Raleigh, .

The cigarette caused her oxygen tank to ignite, which resulted in an explosion, authorities said.

Her husband was asleep when the incident occurred, but called 911 when the blast and smoke alarm woke him, the outlet reported. He then attempted to put out the fire.

Coble was pronounced dead when authorities arrived, WNCN reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *